On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church I preached a sermon based on Matthew 26:57-68; 27:1-2, 11-26. This message was part 6 in the “Defeating Death” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message, sermon audio, and sermon video.
- Read Matthew 26:57-68; 27:1-2, 11-26
- Make a list of as many things as you know about Jesus? How do you know those things about Him? What is the source?
- Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, the Christ (Savior). What evidence do you see that Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior of the world from the list you made in question 3?
- Barabbas was a criminal . . . Jesus was perfect. Based on Pilate’s decision, the innocent One was killed, while the guilty one went free. Jesus died in Barabbas’ place. The cross that was prepared to Barabbas was used on Jesus. Jesus offers to die for our sins as well. Make a list (privately) of the sins you remember most in your life. Spend a moment privately confessing those sins to God . . . and THANK GOD that Jesus died to pay the penalty for those sins if we trust in Him.
- How are you responding to Jesus right now? Are you embracing Him as your Savior, rejecting Him like the mob in the Bible story, or trying to avoid Him like Pilate? If you are embracing Him by faith, when did you start trusting in Him? If you are rejecting Him or avoiding Him, why are you responding this way? Would you consider trusting Him as your Savior today?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen to sermon audio online, use the media player below:
To watch the video of the service, watch on YouTube online: