On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 26:36-56; 27:3-10. This message was part 5 in the “Defeating Death” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this sermon for personal application or group study. Also (when available) the sermon video and audio will be posted here as well.
- Read Matthew 26:36-56; 27:3-10
- What adversity are you facing right now? Seriously . . . make list of all the things you feel like are pressing down around you.
- Jesus literally had the weight of the world on His back . . . so what did He do? He went before the Lord in prayer! What can you learn from Jesus’ example of prayer in the face of adversity? How are you praying through the adversity you are facing right now?
- Seeing Jesus “in action” in 26:36-56, what stands out to you about His attitude regarding His progress toward the cross? What does this tell you about who Jesus is and what He thinks of you?
- In the message today, we compared genuine “faith” with the “recognition” of the mob and the “regret” of Judas Iscariot. Faith is something deeper than either of those reactions. How would you describe the difference between genuine faith and the counterfeit responses of the mob and Judas?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click link to download:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch the video of the service, see online below: