On Sunday, March 1, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 26:17-29. This message was part 3 in the “Defeating Death” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to that message for personal reflection or group discussion. Also below is the audio & video from this message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Matthew 26:17-29
- What kinds of things help you remember important things in your life?
- Jesus gave us the symbol of the Lord’s Supper to help us remember what He has done for us through His death on the cross. What has been your experience with the Lord’s Supper in your life? What meaning and place has it held in your life? What questions do you have about it?
- Have you ever felt betrayed by someone close to you? How does Jesus experience with Judas help you know He can relate to you in that pain?
- People with titles and around tables with Jesus can still be FAR from Him (and even reject Him). How does the example of Judas impact your view of experiences you may encounter inside the church?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream of the service, watch this YouTube video:
To listen to an Easter playlist connected to this series: