On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 21:12-17. This message was part 1 in the “Authentic” sermon series. Below are a series of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 21:12-17
- Have you ever talked with someone who rejected Christianity because of their interactions with another Christian or with a church? What was the nature of their situation? Do you see any encouragement for that person from Matthew 21:12-17?
- What are some examples that you know of today where organized religion has departed from God’s plan?
- After “cleansing the Temple,” Jesus welcomes in and heals the blind and the lame and receives the worship of children. What do the “blind, lame, and children” have in common? Why do you think they could clearly “see” Jesus for who He was while the religious leaders were blind to His true identity?
- Is there any area of your life right now that Jesus needs to clean out? If so, what is that area?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.