On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on a variety of New Testament passages called “Home and Away: Women Influencing Others for Christ.” This message was a part of our Mother’s Day Sunday services. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Think about the creation account in Genesis 1-2. In this inspired by God re-telling of the creation of the world, an emphasis is made on the creation of both genders of humans in the image of God. What are some observations you can make from these two chapters about men and women?
- Women have an opportunity to have an impact for Christ in their homes . . . specifically we looked at the opportunity for influence as a daughter, a mother/grandmother, and a wife. What are some ways in which you have seen or felt the positive influence of someone in these 3 roles in moving you toward a deeper relationship with Jesus?
- Women also have an opportunity to have an impact for Christ AWAY from their home . . . what are some of the ways in which you have been ministered to by women in the church?
- Both men and women have the chance to influence others for Christ with our lives. Jesus has given us gifts to help us minister to others (1 Peter 4:10). In what way do you see the gifting of Jesus in YOUR life? What would it look like for you to use that gift to point others to Christ?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.