On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Ephesians 3:1-13. This message was part 2 in “The Church” series. Below are a series of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Ephesians 3:1-13
- Do you have a favorite “mystery” story? What makes it your favorite?
- Jesus sent Paul (and by application the church) on a mission . . . a ministry . . . to share with others the Gospel. What is the Gospel message? Have you ever had the privilege of sharing that message with someone else? How did it go?
- In what sense is the church a “mystery” according to Ephesians 3:1-13? Does the fact that the Old Testament did not talk about this aspect of the church impact you in any way?
- What message does the unity of believing Jews and Gentiles in “one Body” communicate to Jewish people? To Gentiles? To the angelic realm?
- In what way are you currently (or recently) tempted to “lose heart” or think that God is distant and uncaring about our lives? How does Ephesians 3:1-13 help give you a mindset of continuing to walk with God regardless of the circumstances in your life?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.