On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 10:26-42. This message was part 7 in the “Follow” series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 10:26-42
- What are some examples you can think of where being a Christian is not a popular thing to be?
- Have you ever spoken out as a Christian and experienced rejection or persecution as a result? If so, how did you react? Were you tempted to back down and be quiet about your faith?
- According to Jesus in Matthew 10:26-33, there are several reasons why we should continue to proclaim Jesus regardless of the opposition we face. What are these reasons and how are you encouraged by what Jesus says here?
- What are some areas where you need to “pick up your cross and follow Jesus”?
- Think of someone you know who does not know Jesus as their Savior. What are some of the blessings this person is missing because they do not know Christ? How does remembering this help encourage you to reach out and share Christ with them?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.