This morning at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 28, Luke 24, and Acts 1 called “Famous Last Words.” Below you will find questions related to this sermon for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 28:16-20, Luke 24:44-53, Acts 1:6-12.
- What similarities and differences do you see between these three different accounts of some of the “last words” of Jesus?
- Why do you think Jesus spent so much of His last 40 days with His disciples saying the things we read in today’s verses?
- What would it look like for the mission Jesus’ gave His followers to be the guiding principle for your life this year? What would have to change? What would you give up? What would you do more of?
- As we saw this morning, it took 30 years for some of the implications of the Great Commission to settle in with some of Jesus’ key followers. How does this encourage you? How does it challenge you today?
- What is an application you have taken from today’s message?
To access these questions via pdf format, click here.