On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message called “What Happened?” This message was the Easter Sunday sermon. Below are a set of questions for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Mark 14:66-72 and 16:1-7
- Who are some people you have known in life who have had significant life change? What brought that change about in their lives?
- Since all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, all have moments from our past that we are ashamed or embarrassed about. How does Peter’s life change encourage you in your life?
- Between our past and our future stands a crucifixion and resurrection. In what way does the resurrection of Jesus encourage YOU?
- How does knowing Jesus help educate you to make sense of the ret of the Bible – including the Old Testament?
- When Jesus resurrected from the dead, He sent the Holy Spirit to indwell the Christian’s heart. The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. What are some instances in your life where the Spirit has empowered you (or those around you) to exhibit these fruits?
- Any particular applications you took from today’s message?
To download a pdf of these questions, click here.