On Sunday, March 13 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Romans 6:15-23. This message was part 2 in the “Set Free” sermon series. Below are a set of questions for personal reflection or group discussion related to this message.
Sermon Questions for Reflection or Discussion:
- Read Romans 6:15-23
- Romans 6:15-23 indicates that we all serve SOMETHING. What are some of the things that you have noticed people “serving” with their lives? (i.e. the most important organizing thing in their lives)
- When you break it down to its most basic level, we sin because (at least part of us) WANTS to sin. Sin is at least somewhat attractive to us. Paul describes sin in today’s verses, however, in very unattractive terms (impure, lawless, associated with shame, leading to death, etc.). What are some ways you can help yourself (and those around you) remember what sin REALLY is, not just what it LOOKS LIKE to us in the moment of temptation?
- Paul here indicates that we are saved in order to live the righteous life God has for us. We are to be sanctified, and pursue righteousness through obedience. What are some areas of your life TODAY where God is calling you toward a higher level of obedience?
- The only U-Turn available in life is to repent and trust in Jesus Christ. Are you trusting in Christ today?
- Anything in particular stand out to you about this message today?
To download a pdf of these questions, click here.