On Sunday, February 21, 2016, I preached a sermon based on Romans 5:1-11 at Wildwood Community Church. This message was part 3 in the “ABC’s of Faith” series. Below are a set of questions for group discussion or personal reflection related to this message.
Sermon Questions for Reflection or Discussion:
- Read Romans 5:1-11
- When was the last time someone tried to sell you something? What was their strategy?
- Paul’s strategy and sharing the Gospel did not begin with its benefits, but began with our need for salvation (Romans 1:18-3:20) and Jesus full payment for our salvation that we receive by faith (Romans 3:21-4:25). Only after presenting those two pillars does Paul expound upon the blessings of believing in Jesus (5:1-11). Why do you think Paul chose to present the Gospel in this order?
- What does it mean to have “peace with God” (Romans 5:1)?
- What does it mean to have “access to grace” (Romans 5:2)?
- What does it mean to have “joy in suffering” (Romans 5:2b-4)?
- What does it mean to be “indwelt by the Spirit” (Romans 5:5)?
- What does it mean to be “loved by God” (Romans 5:6-8)?
- What does it mean to be “saved from wrath” (Romans 5:9-10)?
- What does it mean to be “reconciled to God” (Romans 5:11)?
- What stood out to you most from today’s message? Any particular application you are taking away from this message?
To download these questions in pdf format, click here.