Wildwood exists to glorify God by shining as LIGHT in our homes, our community, and the world (Matthew 5:14-16). As we begin 2010, would you join us in prayer, trusting God with accomplishing His mission through us this year? This first week of the year, we are dedicating each day to prayer for a different aspect of ministry. Today, we are highlighting prayer for our community . . . specifically praying for college students. We have asked Wildwood’s College Pastor Jeremy Horton to write a prayer focus for us today. Please use this as a prompt in prayer today!
From Pastor Jeremy Horton:
Wow! This week truly has been refreshing for me as I’ve been rallying alongside of each of you in prayer for our community – it gives me great excitement to see how God answers these prayers! I am really excited that today – we have the tremendous opportunity to pray for our college students here at Wildwood! College students are truly at a time in their lives where they are making big decisions that will influence the rest of their lives and I’m so excited that Wildwood’s body is actively taking part in being a part of this time in their lives!
Here are some prayer requests for the college ministry:
- Pray that our students would experience new faith and growth – Ephesians 2:18-19
- Pray for our students to also experience brokenness and repentance – Acts 3:19
- Pray that our students would have a passion for sharing God’s glory – Matthew 5:16
- Pray for our Adult Team as we continue to plan, coordinate, lead, mentor, and ultimately love these students! I am so thankful for these leaders!
- Pray that God would raise up more families for our “Adopt-a-Sooner” program – we have students signing up weekly but are lacking the families to pair them with!
- And lastly – in partnership with Campus Crusade for Christ – we are taking roughly 50 students to Moscow, Russia this summer! That’s right 50 students!! Please pray for leadership, direction, finances, and ultimately that our students would become lifetime missionaries whether that be through finances, prayer, or going.
Thank you again for being a body willing to pray united together!