On October 8, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 13:11-14. This message was part 6 of the “Mission:Own” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 13:11-14
- Over the past year, we have walked through 26 different sermons out of 2 Corinthians. Is there any enduring thought or application that hit you during this study of 2 Corinthians?
- How important to you is unity in the church? Where do you fit on a scale of 1-100, where 100 is UNITY IN THE CHURCH MATTERS A LOT TO ME, and 1 is I DON’T CARE ABOUT UNITY IN THE CHURCH?
- Paul calls the Corinthians to do a number of things to help preserve unity in the church. He calls them to receive his admonition and make changes in their lives so that the “net” of the church in Corinth might be mended. He calls them to be of one mind and to live at peace with one another. He calls them to publicly display their unity in actions. All this will reveal to the world that their God is love and peace. Think about our church for a moment. Does our lifestyle and response to God reveal to the world that “God is love and peace”? How about you specifically … does your life reveal that your God is love and peace?
- In 13:14, Paul provides a beautiful benediction to his letter by pronouncing our Trinitarian God’s resources He has given to contribute toward unity in the church. The grace of Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Spirit. In what way do these gifts from God contribute to unity between you and other believers?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: