On September 17, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 12:1-10. This message was part 3 of the “Mission:Own” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
- Do you have any kind of persistent “pain” in your life? Could be physical/illness, relational, or a temptation to sin of some kind that persists. What has been the effect of this “thorn” in your life? Has it caused you to turn to God? To be angry with God?
- What are some of the “credentials” people try to rely upon to gain credibility as they attempt to influence others for Christ today (i.e. seminary degrees, which podcast they listen to, which books they have read, etc.)? Paul does not rely on those things … but instead relies upon “what he says and does” in the presence of those he is ministering to (i.e. his current testimony and lifestyle – see 12:6). How has the current lifestyle and loving (or unloving) demeanor of Christian leaders helped validate (or invalidate) their ministry in your life?
- When was the last time you pleaded with God multiple times to do something? What was God’s “response”? Based on this passage, what do you think the Lord may want to be teaching you in this struggle?
- In your life, how have struggles enhanced your dependence upon the Lord?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: