On September 10, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 11:1-33. This message was part 2 of the “Mission:Own” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 11:1-33
- Have you heard the expression “Christianity is more of a relationship than a religion?” What do you think is meant by that statement?
- What are some of the “different” (i.e. not accurate) versions of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Gospel that you see in the world today? Are you ever tempted to follow these false deviations from the truth?
- In chapter 11, the Apostle Paul gives a version of his resume – authenticating his ministry. What stands out to you most about what he shares? How does this differ from how we normally authenticate a Christian leader’s “credentials” today?
- What is your primary orientation to those around you? Do you look to others mostly to get something FROM them, or do you think mostly about how you might do something FOR them?
- On a scale of 1-100 (where 100 is very zealous and 1 is mostly apathetic), how fervent is your fire for Christ today?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: