On August 27, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Acts 1:8. This message was part of the “Following Jesus Together” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Acts 1:8
- What are some of the ways you have grown spiritually over the past 5 years? Can you think of any evidence to support your growth in faith and practice of following Christ?
- Jesus (in His last words) clarifies the importance of our role as being a witness of Jesus Christ in this world. What are some ways you can be a witness for Jesus in your everyday life today?
- Are you praying for ministry opportunities in your life? Consider joining us Wednesday night, August 30 at 6PM for our All Church Prayer Night as we “Plug in” to His power for the year ahead!
- Are there people (or groups of people) in your life that you have avoided because you have given up on them (or have some other reason to not point them to Jesus)? How does the scope of Acts 1:8 encourage you to freely share the Gospel with all?
- How might you personally engage in what God is doing around the world today? Consider your role in praying for, supporting, or going to the mission field today.
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: