On August 20, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Romans 12:1-5. This message was part of the “Following Jesus Together” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Romans 12:1-5
- What is your working definition of what a church is? What has shaped your definition?
- Do you tend to think of the church more in vertical (primarily in our personal relationship/devotion to Christ) or horizontal (primarily our connection with others) terms?
- Are there any areas of your life right now that need special attention … where you need to present anew an aspect of your life before the Lord as you obey Him?
- Where do you see the world’s system trying to squeeze you into its mold? What is your plan for diving into God’s Word in the year ahead?
- Are you making it a priority to attend a local church? Do you really believe you need others in your own personal spiritual life?
- Are you making it a priority to serve others in the local church? In what ways?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: