On Sunday, April 9, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 24:1-12. This message was the Easter Sunday sermon for 2023. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the sermon to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Luke 24:1-12
- Why do you think the Apostle Paul makes such a major case that the resurrection of Jesus Christ is SO IMPORTANT to Christians?
- Have you ever had a time/era/season when you felt like “all hope was lost”? What were the conditions that led you to have that feeling? Can you identify with how the women might have felt on that first Easter morning?
- Jesus wants to make sure that we KNOW that He is alive. This is why He had His resurrection documented so well. It reminds us that we can have hope even when times seem impossible. How does the resurrection of Jesus bring you hope today?
- Have you ever had a time when someone encouraged you with God’s Word at just the right moment, when you needed God’s perspective on a situation badly? Share that experience.
- Who might God want to use you to encourage with a fresh perspective from His Word today? Think of the various passages we shared this morning and consider who these verses might be particularly encouraging for this week and then “go and tell” them about it.
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link below:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: