On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on 2 Corinthians 1:1-11. This message was part 1 in the “Mission: Prep” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the sermon audio/video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 1:1-11
- Do you have an example from your life where a time of “loss” prepared you to help someone else in the future?
- Paul talks about the people in Corinth as “the church of God” and “saints.” Given what we know of their struggles and behavior (from 1 Corinthians) how does this help you understand the grace of God toward you and me (who also have lots of struggles)?
- What are some examples of general affliction you are experiencing right now … or even “suffering” right now you might be experiencing because of your connection with Jesus Christ? What are some ways “the Father of mercy and all comfort” is caring for you in this season of your life?
- How are you relying upon the “God of reality” not just the God of a textbook of theology today in the midst of your struggles?
- Who in your life is struggling right now that God may want to use you to administer comfort (through your presence, encouragement, and prayer)? What is one thing you can do this week for this person to encourage them?
- Using 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 as a model, take some time praying for a brother or sister in Christ the the Lord has laid on your heart (who is experiencing difficulty). After you pray for them, send them a note of encouragement today, letting them know you are praying for them.
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below
To watch the service, use YouTube online: