On Sunday, December 11, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on John 1:14-18. This message was part 3 in the “God with us” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to, watch, download, or share.
Accompanying this sermon series, we have a Christmas Daily Devotional, “God with us.” You can find the entire Christmas Devotional here.
- Read John 1:14-18
- Have you ever received a present for Christmas that you considered “life-changing”?
- In what ways does Jesus birth change the lives of people on earth?
- What aspects of God’s character MOST stand out to you from the life of Jesus (as recorded for us in the Gospels)?
- Jesus changed the “operating system” that governed people’s relationship with God. As we saw in the message, Jesus made the Old Covenant obsolete as He established a New Covenant through His work on the cross. In what ways is the New Covenant (of Jesus) better than the Old Covenant (as described in the Old Testament)?
- What is the “operating system” currently installed in your life governing your relationship with God? Is it more of an open source (something you are inventing as you go)? A path of religious fervor (similar to the Old Covenant)? Or is it a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ? God is offering you a relationship with Him based on grace through Jesus Christ. Are you trusting in Him?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: