On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 19:11-21. This message was part 2 of the “Lord of New Heaven and Earth” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for group discussion or personal reflection. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 19:11-21.
- How many sermons have you heard in your lifetime related to the events of Christmas (Jesus’ first coming)? How many sermons have you heard in your lifetime related to Revelation 19:11-21 (Jesus’ second coming)? Why do you think we talk about His first coming so much more than His second?
- In the message, we walked through the big story of the Bible. Why do you think it matters to remember the whole story to appreciate how it ends?
- Read through again the description of Jesus’ coming again in 19:11-16. What stands out to you the most about the picture of Jesus provided in these verses?
- Jesus here is pictured as the Warrior, King, and Judge. Are there any ways in which your understanding of who Jesus is needs to change in response to these verses? If we really remembered who Jesus was, how might we live differently?
- What are some things in this world that argue that “darkness is winning”? How does remembering Jesus’ ultimate victory encourage you today?
- Have you trusted in Christ for the forgiveness of your sins? If not, what are you waiting for/what is causing you to hesitate?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the sermon, use YouTube online: