On Sunday, June 26, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 17-18. This message was part 7 in the “Lord of the Earth” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio/video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 17-18
- The picture of Revelation 17:1-18 is of the world system as a “Prostitute” luring the world to embrace its ways. Based on what we talked about this morning, does the choice of a prostitute as a symbol for the world make sense? How does that picture resonate with you?
- This morning we also talked about the temptation for each of us to have a “price” for which we would sell out Jesus. For some the price is their life, for others it is their stuff, for others it is their job or reputation, for others it is their pursuit of what “feels right.” Where are you most tempted to “sell out” and not obey Jesus in your personal life?
- The world eventually gets devoured by the same system it is riding today. It self-destructs in the end, and it wants to wound and rob you of whatever you gained inside its system in the process. How does this reminder motivate you to stay faithful to Jesus ?
- What is the future of the material possessions we cling to today? How does being reminded of their end impact your stewardship of resources today?
- What would it look like for you to “come out from the world’s system” today (18:4)?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: