On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 7:1-17. This message was part 2 in the “Lord of the Earth” sermon series. Below is a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 7:1-17
- As the day approaches for Christ’s return, have you ever considered the increased urgency for evangelism “as the day draws near”? Have you ever thought how even JESUS HIMSELF might have a sense of urgency as the time for His return approaches?
- Jesus persists in pursuit of people right up to the very end. Share a bit of your own personal spiritual story. In what ways have you sensed Jesus’ pursuit of you? If you have not yet placed your faith in Christ, how does it make you feel to think that Christ is still pursuing a relationship with you?
- Right to the end, Jesus is pursuing “the lost” through “the found.” How are you currently actively participating in the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20 & Acts 1:8) today?
- Who is the hero of your “salvation story” the way you tell it? Who is the hero of your favorite Christian songs? The song of Revelation 7 reminds us of the true hero of salvation … and it is not us, but Jesus. Spend some time thanking Him and worshipping Him for the salvation He provides.
- Which of the provisions provided by Jesus in Revelation 7:15-17 is most meaningful to you right now? Why is that particular provision so meaningful to you at this time?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: