On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 1:39-45 and 2:25-38. This message was part 2 in the “Joy to the World” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Luke 1:39-45 and 2:25-38
- What are some examples in your life of relationships (or even conversations) that have greatly impacted you in a positive way?
- Why do you think the Holy Spirit encouraged Mary to go visit Elizabeth?
- What are the most encouraging things you see coming out of Mary’s visit to Elizabeth? If you were Mary, what would you have treasured the most from this time?
- What are ways God has been “with you” through the presence of other believers? Who are some the Lord may want to be with through you this month and in the year ahead?
- After seeing Jesus, Simeon comments that he was ready to “depart.” In what way does Jesus prepare the Christian for death?
- Are you prepared for death? If not, would you consider trusting in Christ for the forgiveness of your sins? If so, how are you sharing this amazing truth with others this Christmas season?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the video stream, use YouTube online:
We have a Christmas devotional book – “Joy to the World.” Access the entire devotional and download your free copy by clicking here.
In this Christmas devotional, there is a song referenced for each day. All these songs, are included in a playlist found on Apple Music and Spotify at the following links: