On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Galatians 5:16-18. This message was part 3 of the “New Power” sermon series. Below you will see a set of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also see the sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Galatians 5:16-18
- Tell the story of how you came to follow Jesus? As you have followed Him, have you experienced times of “camp highs” followed by “lows”? How does this passage help you understand these dynamics?
- In what way do you relate to the language of a “battle” being waged inside you between the desires of the Spirit and the desires of the flesh?
- How does remembering the presence of the flesh impact the way you live out your “freedom in Christ” and your expectations as you relate to others in the world?
- Who is leading you (in your decision making) most often? Your flesh or the Spirit?
- Which direction are you walking (or which direction is your life headed)? Do you need to/want to stop, turn around and go a different path?
- Are you relying on the Spirit to guide you day by day? What would that practically look like in your life?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: