On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Galatians 5:1-12. This message was part 1 of the “New Power” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Galatians 5:1-12
- What are some “new” products you have interacted with that were TRULY “new”? Can you think of anything “new” that really is just a slightly different VERSION of something old?
- In what way is the Gospel of Jesus Christ bringing in something really NEW (based on your understanding of Scripture, as well as our study of Paul’s letter to the Galatians?)
- What are some of the “one more things” that people want to add onto the Gospel in our culture today? Paul is clear that salvation is through faith in Jesus alone … what are some things people want to say salvation is through faith in Jesus alone PLUS ________?
- Which path have you chosen? The Jesus only path, or the Jesus PLUS path?
- The Holy Spirit has come into the lives of ALL believers! Take a moment and PRAISE GOD for this provision!
- For those who have placed their faith in Christ, they are WAITING for something amazing. In your understanding, what do Christians have to look forward to in the future?
- While we are waiting, we are to work out our faith in love for one another. Where does your love need a “workout” today?
- 10.What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch the service, use YouTube stream online: