On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Galatians 4:8-20. This message was part 6 in the “New Way” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for group discussion or personal reflection. You will also find the audio/video of the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Galatians 4:8-20
- Before listening to today’s message, how would you have defined the “win” of the Christian life? What are we supposed to be about?
- The Judeaizers had succeeded in making the Galatians think that their spiritual maturity came as a result of their devotion to calendars, ceremonies, and rituals. Paul was so sad about this! Jesus died and rose again NOT JUST so that the Galatians might attend new meetings, but so that they would really KNOW GOD and have a relationship with Him. How are you tempted to think that your Christian life is just about attending meetings or keeping rituals?
- The real “win” for the Christian is to see Christ formed in themselves! That their lives are ever moving in the direction of Christ-likeness so that when others look at us, they see Jesus. Who are some people who have helped you get to know Jesus better? What were some of the characteristics of their lives that contributed to this?
- Be honest … what do people see when they look at your life? What are some ways that you would like to see Christ more formed in you in the year ahead?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link below:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the sermon video, use YouTube online: