On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Galatians 4:1-7. This message was part 5 in the “New Way” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch or share.
- Read Galatians 4:1-7
- What are some areas in your life where you long to “mature”? In what ways is the phrase “mature” better than just getting “older”?
- The ABC’s of religion are the “you need to’s”… most all religions have their own version of these kinds of commands. In what way do these commands make you a “slave”? How does God intend His Law to impact you?
- Jesus redeems us to His new way, making it possible for us to be adopted as a son of God and given His Holy Spirit. How does this change in identity and provision of His Holy Spirit make a difference in your life today?
- Do you think of yourself more as a “sinner/slave” or as a “son/heir”? How does understanding who you are in Christ change the way you think of your “ceiling” in life?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf form, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch service stream, use YouTube online: