On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Romans 1-5. This message was part 3 of the “Perspective” sermon series and asked the question, “What happened?” Below you will see a set of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also see the sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- What are some of the “rattles” you hear in our world that remind you that we have a problem?
- What does the Bible say is the root of the problems we experience in the world? How pervasive is this problem? How has it impacted you?
- Sin is not just something “out there” but something “in us.” Have you ever thought about this before? What are some of the solutions that the world has proposed to deal with the “problems” around us that fail to take into account that all of us are sinners?
- Jesus is the answer for the problem of sin. What all has Jesus done for you regarding your sin?
- Because Jesus has won a victory over sin, we can have personal hope! What sin do you need to confess today, remembering that it was fully paid for on the cross?
- Because Jesus has won a victory over sin, we have a ROCK of TRUTH to anchor to as we call our society out of darkness and to His glorious light! How does the work of Jesus give you hope for others living in our world?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click link:
To listen to sermon online, use the media player:
To watch the service stream, use YouTube: