On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Acts 17:16-34. This message was part 1 in the “Perspective” series, and focused on the statement, “The God who IS is greater than the God I IMAGINE.” Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video from the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Acts 17:16-34
- What are some of the ways your “boat has been rocked” by the waves of culture this year? How have you responded? Where have you tried to “anchor” and weather the storm?
- The Gospel message was relevant and necessary in both the religious synagogue, as well as Pagan Athens. From your own perspective, is our culture in America today more like the synagogue or a place like Athens? Why do you say that?
- What are some of the “gods” to which people try to anchor to “steady their boat” in today’s world? What problems have you seen from people anchoring to the wrong thing?
- Are you anchoring to the rock of God’s Word? Which of the 4 kinds of responses best represents your response to this message: (1) No way I will tie to that Rock! (2) I made the decision long ago to fix to the Rock. (3) I am fixed to the Rock through others. (4) I am fixed to the Rock and tie the knot each morning.
- How can you help remind others to be fixed to the Rock this week?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: