On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message as a part of the Palm Sunday celebration. This message focused on Luke 19:28-44. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video from the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Luke 19:28-44
- What are some of your favorite Easter Holiday memories over the years? Do you remember when you first realized that Easter was all about Jesus and what He has done for us through His death and resurrection?
- Have you ever stopped to personalize the crowd that gathered around Jesus on Palm Sunday? These were not “faceless” people but people whose lives had been revolutionized by Jesus Christ. They were worshipping Him out of their gratitude and experience (not just their expectations). When you worship God, do you personalize that worship, reflecting on what God has done for you personally in Christ? Make a list of things God has done for you in your life and have that list be a springboard to a time of worship before Him this week.
- Who are some in “authority” or positions of prominence in your life who do not share your understanding of who Jesus really is? Have you allowed their opposition to quiet your allegiance to Christ? How does the picture of the Pharisees on Palm Sunday remind you that those in powerful positions or advanced educations are not always “right” about Jesus?
- How does the picture of Christ weeping over Jerusalem motivate you about His feelings for you? For those around you? If you have not trusted in Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, might you do so RIGHT NOW? For those already following Jesus, who might you invite to follow Jesus with you this week?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen to sermon online, use media player:
To watch stream of worship service, use YouTube online: