On Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 2:1-12. This message was part 4 of “The Gift” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Matthew 2:1-12
- What are some of the things you have heard before about the Magi? How does this compare with the actual biblical record of Matthew 2:1-12?
- Who are some of the people on the face of the earth today that popular opinion might categorize as those very “Distant” from knowledge and worship of Jesus Christ?
- What/who are the “stars” that the Lord used to guide you to Jesus?
- How might God use you to guide the distant to Jesus this year?
- Three basic responses toward Jesus stand out from Matthew 2:1-12: The Scribes ignored Him, Herod rejected Him, and the Magi worship Him. Which of these three responses best reflects your life response to Jesus right now?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch the stream of the service, use YouTube online:
This sermon is part of the 2020 Christmas series at Wildwood. We have also prepared a Devotional Book, “The Gift.” Access the entire devotional and download your free copy by clicking here.
Wildwood has put together a list of Christmas songs in a playlist found on Apple Music and Spotify at the following links:
- Apple Music Playlist: Wildwood Community Church Christmas 2020
- Spotify Playlist: Wildwood Community Church Christmas 2020