On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, we celebrated the baptisms of 10 individuals. Before the baptisms, I preached a sermon based on 1 Thessalonians 3:6-13. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find sermon audio, and videos of the worship services to listen to/watch, download, or share. Also, you will see slides from the message.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 3:6-13
- What are some of the things that have struggled to “celebrate” this past year due to the pandemic?
- In the message, we reviewed some of Paul’s second missionary journey, and reflected on how that impacted him by the time he arrived in Corinth. Are you struggling in this era as Paul was? What was it that encouraged Paul (seen in 1 Thess. 3:6-8)? How does that same dynamic encourage you today?
- In what specific ways does it encourage you to hear the testimonies of others (as we did today before baptisms)?
- Baptisms are a celebration of new life in Christ. Baptism is not the end, but the beginning! God wants to continue to grow our faith in Him and love for others throughout our lives. How have you seen your faith in God and love for others increase over the years you have followed Christ?
- How do you sense God wants to use YOU to “fill out what is lacking” in the faith of another?
- Have you been baptized since professing faith in Christ? If so, when? If not, why not? Is the Lord leading you to pursue water baptism? If so (or even if you just have questions about baptism) contact us at wildwoodchurch.org/baptism and we will follow up before our next baptism service in March 2021.
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen to sermon audio online, use media player:
To watch the worship services, use YouTube stream online:
Full service (with 10:15 baptisms):
Baptisms from 9:00 Service:
Baptisms from 11:30: