On Sunday, September 27, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Philippians 1:27-30. This message was part 3 in the “Connect 4 the Gospel” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the sermon audio & video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Philippians 1:27-30
- In many passages in the New Testament, the persecution of Christians is discussed (including today’s verses in Philippians 1:27-30 and 2 Timothy 3:12). Have you ever experienced any kind of persecution because of your faith in Christ?
- Paul challenged the Philippians to live in light of their true citizenship (in heaven). In what way are you living out the values of Jesus today? Are there any values you live out that are at odds with the world around you?
- What are some of the things/issues today seeking to divide Christians? What would it look like for you to strive together with your fellow Christians, instead of fighting against them?
- In what sense is suffering for Jesus a “gift”?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the audio of the sermon offline, click the link:
Connect 4 the Gospel #3 9.27.20
To listen to the audio of the sermon online, use the media player:
To watch the service stream, use YouTube online: