On Sunday, September 20, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Philippians 1:12-18. This message was part 2 in the “Connect 4 the Gospel” series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find sermon audio/video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Philippians 1:12-18
- What are some of the things that tend to impact your “joy”? What tends to make you turn “negative” or overly “grumpy”?
- In the message today, we talked about how Paul did not anchor his joy in “fun,” “success,” “church experience,” or “control.” Which of these do you tend to lean on most for joy?
- Paul’s joy was fixed on the advancement of the Gospel … in what ways is YOUR joy impacted by the participating in/learning about the advancement of the Gospel?
- How can you imagine God using the circumstances of your life today to advance the Gospel through your life?
- What is one thing you can do this week to invest in the mission of advancing the Gospel in our city or around the world?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click the link to download:
To listen to sermon online, use media player below:
To watch the sermon video, use YouTube stream online: