On Sunday, July 19, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Philippians 4:4-9. This message was part 2 of the “(Your World) Peace” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the sermon audio and video to listen to, download, or share.
- Read Philippians 4:4-9
- What was the last circumstance you experienced that was EASY to celebrate? What was the last circumstance you experienced that was HARD to celebrate?
- Often we view our joy as dependent upon circumstances. However, Paul talks here about choosing to have joy regardless of circumstances. Do you think this is possible? Why or why not?
- What are you “spreading” to others right now by your pattern of life and attitude?
- Does your worry lead you to pray? Why or why not? Have you ever prayed while worried and experienced the peace of God in response?
- Do a “thought inventory” of your past week. What did you focus on? What are some ways you can focus on Philippians 4:8 kinds of things this week?
- What is your action plan (as specific as you can get) to apply the principles of this passage in your life this week?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream of the worship service visit YouTube online: