On Sunday, June 21, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Philippians 3:1-16. This message was part 2 in the “Greater Than” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this sermon for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also see the sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Philippians 3:1-16
- If you were to tell your life story, what are the 2-4 things that someone would HAVE to know about you to understand your story?
- Paul found his personal resume was a LOSS compared to the surpassing VALUE of knowing Jesus. Paul was saying that all the things in his life (good and bad) do not compare at all to the magnitude of knowing Jesus Christ. To what degree can you make a similar statement about your own life? To you, is Jesus greater than all else?
- Challenges and difficulties in our life are an invitation to get to know Jesus more (as we fellowship with Him in the midst of our suffering). Has there been a tough time in your life where you have gotten to know Jesus better and depended upon Him deeper because of the challenges you were facing?
- To what degree are you tempted to “look back” in your life (either to revel in the good or wallow in the bad)? To what degree in life are you tempted to look around and compare yourself to others? How would pressing on toward Jesus allow you to continue to grow in the midst of a hard season of life?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the sermon video, watch the YouTube video: