On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on John 13:34-35. This message was part 2 in the “Growing Up?” series. Below you will find questions related to the sermon for group discussion or personal reflection, and the audio/video from the sermon to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read John 13:34-35
- What are some of the ways you have seen communication and connection with people get MORE DIFFICULT during this season? Why have you persevered to “pay the cost” to communicate in these ways? What does that tell you about the way we were created?
- Jesus lets His disciples know that they are to love one another in the same way that Jesus loves them. Based on that call, look at the following questions below, and evaluate your “love for one another”?
- Do you serve, or expect to be served?
- Do you point others to the Truth?
- Do you pray for & pursue unity?
- Do you die to self for sake of others?
- Do you “show up”?
- Do you forgive?
- Do you involve others in your world?
- Jesus says that His followers should be known by all for their love for one another. How do you think Christians are most known today?
- The New Testament writers provide many “one another” commands. See the lists of those “one another’s” below (in the images). Do any of these particularly challenge you at this time?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click link to download:
To listen to sermon audio online, use the media player below:
To watch the sermon video, use YouTube video linked below: