On Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 28:1-15. This message was part 9 in the “Defeating Death” sermon series. Below you will find questions for discussion related to this sermon, as well as the audio and video of the service to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Matthew 28:1-15
- Have you ever wanted a “do over” or just “a little more time” to get something “right?” What is one time in your life when you had this sensation?
- What current failure, circumstance, or pain are you dealing with right now? How does the resurrection of Jesus Christ change your perspective about whatever is ailing you today?
- The Angel and Jesus invite the women to both come and see (or hug & worship) AND then to go and tell. If these are two separated kinds of commandments, which do you tend to gravitate towards? Are you more likely to stay in the tomb or to go quickly and tell others the good news?
- Who is someone the Lord may be prompting you to “go and tell” this week? What is keeping you from doing that “quickly?”
- All feared something at the resurrection of Jesus . . . yet only the women (in this passage) had their fear overcome by a great joy. What are you afraid of today? How does believing and trusting in the resurrected Jesus help you to have great joy in the this life?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: