On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 27:27-44. This message was part 7 in the “Defeating Death” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. Also, you will find the audio and video from this message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Matthew 27:27-44
- Think of the dramatic ways people’s view of the “cross” have changed over the past 2,000 years. Is this “change” something new for you to notice? What does it tell you about Jesus Christ and the significance of His life and death?
- What are some specific ways you can honor Jesus as King this week? — by making Him a priority, by obeying Him, by depending upon Him, by the way we talk about Him?
- Have you ever been persecuted for your faith in Jesus in any way? How does the discussion of this in today’s message encourage you or challenge you?
- Think of the different ways in which the mockers mocked Jesus on the cross. What were their claims? Were they right or wrong in voicing their comments? What are the kinds of mistakes that they are making?
- Are you believing in Jesus Christ today as your rescuer from sin? If not, why not?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To download these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: