On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 25:14-30. This message was part 5 in the “Tomorrow” sermon series and focused on the Parable of the Talents. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 25:14-30
- Have you ever considered the fact that (even as believers) we will one day stand before Jesus and give an account from our lives (as 1 Corinthians 2:10-12, 2 Corinthians 5:10, and Matthew 25:14-30 indicate). While this “accounting” will not be for salvation, it will be connected to our reward in the Kingdom. Knowing this “appointment” is fixed on all our calendars at some point in the future, how does it motivate you to examine and order your life today?
- We often think of our Christian lives in certain behaviors we are to avoid. While this is certainly true, there are things that we are to NOT do in this life, there are also many things we are to DO. Chief among them are to invest the riches Jesus has entrusted to us in His work. Take a moment and do an inventory of your life’s “Time, Talent, and Treasure.” What riches in these categories has God blessed you with in this season of your life?
- The power of this parable is that we are NOT to bury the blessing Jesus has entrusted to us, but that we are to invest it in His mission. What are some ways you are tempted to bury His blessing instead of investing it in His work?
- What are some ways God is prompting you right now to invest in His work with your life today?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.