On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church in Norman, OK, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 24:32-51. This message was part 3 in the “Tomorrow” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 24:32-51
- How do you react when a meteorologist tells you to be “weather aware?” Do you see any parallels to how people react/don’t react to being “second coming of Jesus” aware?
- When Jesus comes back, judgment will come with Him. This judgment will take people living in that time by surprise. Given all the Scripture written about the “end times,” why do you think people will still be taken by surprise at His coming? Do you see any parallels with the time on the earth in the day’s of Noah?
- Jesus does not want us to wait to respond in faith to Him. What are some reasons why people wait to get serious about their relationship with Jesus?
- Jesus also wants us to live for Him while we await His return. If someone were to do an investigative study on your life right now, who would they determine is your “Lord” or “master”? What would it look like for your life to be characterized by Jesus as your Lord today?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.