On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 2:8-20. This message was part 4 of the “Christmas Light” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for further reflection or group discussion.
- Read Luke 2:8-20
- When was the last time you found yourself going through a big moment while playing a “road game”?
- In what ways is the birth of Jesus “Good News of Great Joy” from your perspective?
- Who are some people you know who may be tempted to feel that the good news of Christmas is “not for them”? How does this passage encourage those who may feel far away from God?
- Jesus is God, but He also humbled Himself to take on humanity at His birth . . . something that eventually make it possible for Him to die for our sins. How does remembering the identity of Jesus help you understand more the significance of what we celebrate at Christmas?
- Have you ever responded by faith to God, trusting Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior? If so, when? If not, why not? Would you consider trusting Him this Christmas?
- Following the example of the shepherds, who might God have you “shine” Christ’s light in their direction by loving them, serving them, and telling them about the person of Jesus Christ this year?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.