On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on John 1:1-14. This message was part 2 in the “Christmas Light” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read John 1:1-14
- Do you normally think of “Life” and “Light” when you think of Jesus? Why or why not?
- What are some examples you can think of in our daily lives where people are “running the wrong direction” to find life and light?
- Certainly we CAN live our lives any way we want . . . but there is only one way of living that we were MADE FOR . . . and this is the life Jesus calls us to as we follow Him. Have you experienced any “breaking” in your own life as you tried to life a life without obedience to Jesus and His Word?
- The Light of Jesus illuminates our way. What is your plan to have YOUR path lit by Jesus (through the Scripture and the Spirit) in the new year ahead?
- When you think of your life right now, is it characterized by “receiving” Jesus or “rejecting” Jesus as the Lord of your life? How do you want your life to be characterized in the year ahead?
- You can receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior right now, and experience the benefits and blessings of being a child of God. Are you trusting in Him today to be your rescuer of sin and judgment?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.