This morning, September 22, 2019, at Wildwood Community Church in Norman, OK, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 21:23-27; 22:41-46. This message was part 1 in the “King of the Mountain” series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 21:23-27; 22:41-46
- What questions do you have about Jesus, Christianity, or what a life looks like that follows Jesus?
- John the Baptist’s Message was to “REPENT.” If someone recognizes their sinfulness and their need for grace, how does that make them in a better position to find out the truth about Jesus? Have you seen this to be true in your life?
- If you had seen Jesus’ Service (or public record of teaching and healing ministry) what might you have concluded about who Jesus was?
- The Scriptures teach us about who Jesus was (and is). Look at Matthew 22:43-45 (the quotation and comment from Psalm 110). What all can you learn about Jesus’ identity from these verses?
- In today’s verses, Jesus asks the MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION EVER: “What do you say about the Christ?” Who do you say Jesus is? What difference does that make for your life?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.