On Sunday, August 25, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 21:18-22, 28-32. This message was part 2 in the “Authentic” sermon series. Below, you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 21:18-22, 28-32
- What are some examples you can think of where an “imitation” has proven hurtful to you in your life?
- Think of your experience with religion (particularly Christian religion) in your past. What are some of the activities you have seen Christians do that could have the possibility of being merely a “leaf” (having the appearance of godliness, but no real substance behind it)? In your experience, how can you tell if someone’s relationship with God (including your own) is bearing the “fruit” of authenticity?
- On a scale of 1-10 (where “1” is non-existent and “10” is exemplary), how would you rate your prayer life right now? What is the correlation you see between an authentic faith and going before the Lord in prayer? What is one thing you can do to increase your dependence upon the Lord in prayer?
- In the parable Jesus tells of the two sons in 21:28-32, which of the two sons do you resonate with the most? (NOTE: We ALL can be the “obedient” son if we simply choose to respond in faith to Jesus today!)
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.