On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message from Matthew 23:37-39. This message was part 3 in the “Father Heart of God” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 23:37-39
- Have you ever attended an event that you were not invited to, or that the host of the event did not want you there? How does that experience differ from an event you attended after a clear and heart-felt invitation?
- Knowing that Jesus spoke of a desire to gather together people who rejected Him and were headed for eternal judgment, how do you make sense of the comments of Paul and Peter in 1 Timothy 2:4-5 and 2 Peter 3:9 regarding God’s DESIRE for all people?
- What are some of the consequences you have seen regarding sinful living (living a life of rejecting Jesus AND/OR His truth)?
- Jesus provides THE WAY to salvation . . . by recognizing who He is and embracing Him by faith. Are you resting under the protection of His wings today, or are you not willing to to come under His protection and leadership?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.