On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 21:33-46. This message was part 1 in the “Father Heart of God” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for further reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 21:33-46
- In this parable, Jesus tells the story of a landowner and the landowner’s tenants (who work the landowner’s field). What stands out to you about the actions of the landowner? What stands out to you about the actions of the tenants?
- The landowner in this parable represents God the Father. The tenants represent the Jewish leaders in Jesus day (but by application could represent people in any day who are presented with testimony about the person and work of Jesus Christ.) How have you seen your Heavenly Father “pursue you” patiently, persistently, and personally over the years?
- Is there any person in your life today who you think God is prompting you to reach out and share the love of Jesus?
- Though God patiently pursues us, if we reject His offer through Jesus, we will end up experiencing judgment for our sins. When you think of your relationship with Jesus Christ, is He more your “cornerstone” or is He a stone you have rejected?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.