On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 20:1-16. This message was part 7 in the “Relating to____” series and focused on “Relating to Blessing.” Below are a set of questions related to the message for further reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 20:1-16
- “God pays on the scale of grace, not the rate of merit.” To the best of your understanding . . . what does this mean?
- Think of your own life . . . in what ways has the Lord pursued you? (i.e. through the witness of friends or family, life circumstances, Scripture, etc.)
- What “hour of the day” do you think you are in right now (stage of life)? If you have already trusted in Jesus, how has that decision been a blessing to you over the years? If you have not yet trusted in Jesus, you can do so now! It is not too late!
- In the message, I made this statement, “Jealous hearts (toward others we think God has blessed more than us) do not understand salvation or the God who gives it.” What do you think I meant by that statement?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.