On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 19:16-30. This message was part 6 of the “Relating to _____” sermon series and focused on “Relating to Eternal Life.” Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 19:16-30
- If someone came up to you today and asked you, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” how would you answer them?
- How does your answer from question 3 above compare to Jesus dialogue with the rich young man in Matthew 19:16-26?
- What (in your life) are you tempted to place before Jesus as the ultimate authority in your life? What does this passage indicate to you about that?
- God is able to do what is impossible for man. If this was not so, then salvation of any person would be impossible, because it is not possible for mankind to be perfected on our own. Is that a new idea for you? Why is this idea (that Jesus promotes) so hard for us to embrace?
- How does the idea of future rewards encourage you to follow Jesus now (even if life is hard)?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.